Thursday, March 14, 2013

the next 10 days...

So just a few minutes ago, I realized that I haven't yet posted anything about the next 10 days... in a few hours, I am leaving my family and heading to Jinotepe, Nicaragua with a group of 21 people from our church.  We will be staying/working at Arms of Love International and have a full schedule each day, but I'm so excited to be going!  Back here in Ames, Jake is taking a few days off of work, but then also has "help" coming in... namely Uncle Rick, Grandpa Rick, Grandpa Mark and Grandma Susan, Grandma Rosie and Kim!  So I'm selfishly hoping that my boys miss me at some point, but I think they're going to be having so much fun with everyone else at the house!  I kind of feel like there's a party happening at my house without me!  :-)  But it's ok... I'm really excited about where I'm going to be!  And I feel good about it, mainly because I know that my family is going to be so well loved here while I'm gone, that I will be able to focus on the kids and adults that we're with in Nicaragua!  My good friend, Jess (college roommate for two years) is actually one of the trip leaders, so it's fun to be setting out with her! I'm taking my camera along and hoping that I remember to pull it out to take pics... which may affect the length of my follow-up post!  

We are praying for safe travels to Nicaragua and back, and also while we're there.  We'll be doing some traveling from Jinotepe into Managua to attend church and do some outreach there.  Another specific prayer request is for some computers we're taking with us that have been donated for the library at Arms of Love... praying that they make it safely, in one piece and that we have favor with the customs people in Managua. We've also been praying for good health, for us and for our families... feeling like that's an area of attack at the moment, so we're praying against it!  

As I said, I hope to be able to share lots when I get back!  And I'll probably be amazed at the changes in my boys, just being gone 10 days... maybe Benjamin will start crawling!  Go buddy!!  :-)  Until next time... 


No comments: