Sunday, October 4, 2009

farm fun!

we visited the Center Grove Orchard yesterday. jake and i had been there two years ago with a group from church. it happened to be a "family fun day" - lots to keep roman entertained!

roman playing in the "corn pool"...
we had to reminisce about our common dream when we were young of swimming in scrooge mcduck's money bin... thought it would be similar to swimming in this corn pool. anybody else know what we're talking about?

next after the corn pool was "goat haven". roman had no fear...walked right up to the goats and stuck his hand out for a (gross) goat lick...and he seemed to like it!
besides goats, the farm has horses, chickens and ducks to see. they also have a hay maze and corn maze (which we opted to skip this year)... maybe when roman's older!

jake does a great imitation of roman's stiff-armed stance when he has his mittens on...
the farm also had giant pumpkins scattered around...

we couldn't leave without visiting their store -- lots of apples to choose from, plus tons of other yummy goodies. ended up trying a sugary pumpkin donut... yum! (maybe it was too much sugar for roman? he really did seem to enjoy it, despite the expression on his face in this pic!)
...until next year!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Love it! Did you go on the giant pillow? It is our favorite for sure. And yes, of course I know about Scrooge McDuck...Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg!

Susan said...

what a FUN time you Stotts' had!!!! woohooo!!!! Just wish I was closer to crash the party!!! :) love you!!!

Unknown said...

I'm taking 24 four-year olds to the same orchard next Friday...am I insane, or what? If Roman had fun, I'll trust it's "kid approved!"